Date Posted: 20 February 2017
Location: Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc., Littleton, CO
Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc. offers a quality gardening experience through our commitment to our community members and local landscapers. Our staff prides itself on providing a warm environment, consistent quality, sharing knowledge, and leading with integrity as we strive to be Colorado's Front Range leading tree, shrub, and flower nursery.
We are seeking to fill a Cashier/Customer Service position.
- Answer phones and take messages and plant orders from wholesale and retail customers.
- Checking voicemail daily, replying to voicemails, conveying messages accurately and promptly.
- Answer basic questions dealing with plant installation, care, location of product in the nursery, and more.
- Use a Point of Sale software to look up inventory, pricing, ring up customers, look up existing invoices, and more.
- Take orders over the phone and compose bids or estimates for customers. Bids must be accurate and promptly sent back to customers.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher are most important) on a regular basis.
- Some computer/IT skills such as printer maintenance (refilling paper and ink), turning on and off computers as part of regular operating procedures, and more.
- Clean and face the retail store – sweeping, mopping, restocking and adjusting product so that it is organized and looks clean and full.
- Cleaning and preparing our beverage bar – make coffee and clean pot daily, refill and clean water jugs daily, check and clean fridge, etc.
- This position will have some overlap with our Sales Staff position – you are expect to help customers navigate the nursery by telling them where specific plants are located and may be asked to help with watering or moving plants.
- A friendly, professional, customer service oriented attitude is a must.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to communicate and work as part of a team.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while either ringing up orders or walking around the nursery or moving plants.
- Open mindedness and willingness to work in a fast-paced, fluctuating environment. No Silver Sage employee ever sits around and does nothing, even if there are no customers around.
- Ability and desire to learn about Colorado landscape plants (our product) and our services in order to accurately communicate with customers and other employees.
Don’t be shy to apply if you do not have all of the above attributes or related job experience. We are willing and expecting to train an individual for this position. A willingness to learn, take direction, and work in a fast-paced environment is key to the success of this position.
This is a seasonal position (March – October), but has the potential to turn into a permanent position if the employee proves to be a particularly good fit for year-round work and an integral part of our Silver Sage team. This position requires weekend work. Starting hourly pay rate is dependent on experience. Possibility of wage increase, salary opportunity, or benefits is dependent upon performance and longevity of employment.
Job Type: Seasonal/Full-time/Hourly Pay
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Silver Sage Garden Centers (303) 730-7243