Retail Manager/Office Manager
Date Posted: 20 February 2017
Location: Harmony Gardens, Fort Collins, CO
SUMMARY: The Retail Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations ensuring that staff are fully trained and aware of expectations, that exceptional customer service standards are met, and promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards. Retail managers are also required to connect with human resources, marketing, logistics, information technology, customer service and accounting departments as well.
- Managing and motivating a team to increase sales and efficiency and initiate changes to improve the business.
- Maintaining store displays; merchandise is priced correctly, clean and healthy, and fully stocked
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service, and safety are met
- Provide clients the ultimate “Customer Experience”
- Organizing sales displays, special promotions, events, social media, and assist with advertising
- Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
- Utilizing information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives, procedural changes, and other pertinent issues
- Dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals, as well as providing or organizing training and development
- Promoting the organization locally by liaising with the local newspapers and the community in general
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Product Knowledge, People Skills, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation and Organization Skills, Analyzing Information, Phone Skills, Multi-tasking, Integrity and Teamwork. Local plant knowledge would be beneficial.