Date Posted: 20 February 2017
Location: Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc., Littleton, CO
Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc. offers a quality gardening experience through our commitment to our community members and local landscapers. Our staff prides itself on providing a warm environment, consistent quality, sharing knowledge, and leading with integrity as we strive to be Colorado's Front Range leading tree, shrub, and flower nursery.
We are seeking to fill one or more Sales Staff positions.
- Greet and interact with wholesale and retail customers. Answer questions about our products and services.
- Help customers navigate the nursery in order to find plant material they wish to purchase.
- Take wholesale orders from lists sent via e-mail or phoned in. Pull wholesale orders in an organized and accurate manner.
- Take retail Planting Service orders from walk-in retail customers. Retail customers may want to have a large tree planted by Silver Sage, part of your job is to accurately fill out paperwork in order to have their Planting Service scheduled. Scheduling is done by another employee.
- Locate specific plants throughout the nursery and accurately tag and/or pull plants into will-call holding area.
- Watering perennials, grasses, shrubs, small trees by hand. This requires long periods of standing and holding a hose while minding proper watering etiquette. You may be required to do this multiple times per week.
DESIRED ABILITIES (or ability to learn):
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Point of Sale Experience (ringing up and cashing out customers).
- Answering phones and checking voicemail.
- Customer Service – we pride ourselves in being an extremely knowledgeable, friendly, helpful staff. We’re looking for a charismatic, person that enjoys working with all types of people.
- The ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. The ability to be moving, keeling, crouching, reaching, grabbing, picking up 1-5 gallon plants for the majority of the day at work.
- Knowledge of Colorado trees, shrubs, and plants and/or a strong desire to learn our stock quickly! We will help you learn!
- Team oriented mindset, with the ability to work well with others to achieve great things all while having fun in a beautiful nursery!
Don’t be shy to apply if you do not have all the above attributes or related job experience. We are willing and expecting to train an individual for this position. A willingness to learn, take direction, and work in a fast-paced environment is key to the success of this position.
This is a seasonal position (March – October), but has the potential to turn into a permanent position if the employee proves to be a particularly good fit for year-round work and an integral part of our Silver Sage team. This position requires working on the weekends. Starting hourly pay rate is dependent on experience. Possibility of wage increase, salary opportunity, or benefits is dependent upon performance and longevity of employment.
Job Type: Seasonal/Full-time/Hourly Pay
Please send your resume to: email@example.com or call Silver Sage Garden Centers (303) 730-7243