Wholesale Sales Assistant
Date Posted: 24 February 2017
Location: Silver Sage Garden Centers, Littleton, CO
Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc. offers a quality gardening experience through our commitment to our community members and local landscapers. Our staff prides itself on providing a warm environment, consistent quality, sharing knowledge, and leading with integrity as we strive to be Colorado's Front Range leading tree, shrub, and flower nursery.
We are seeking to fill a Wholesale Sales Assistant position.
- Work closely with a Wholesale Sales Associate to complete wholesale orders of landscape plant material.
- Read a list of plants that are requested (orders), search for and find those plants located at Silver Sage, pull plants in to a holding area.
- Maintain (move, water, prune) plants in the holding area.
- Communicate, in a timely and professional manner, the order status with customers or Wholesale Sales Associate.
- Load and help load plants onto customers’ vehicles and count plants to make sure the customer is getting exactly what they ordered. Solve problems with the order quickly and effectively.
- Send photos of plant material to customers and other Sales Staff over e-mail or phone.
- Watering perennials, grasses, shrubs, small trees by hand. This requires long periods of standing and holding a hose while minding proper watering etiquette. You may be required to do this multiple times per week.
- Greet and interact with wholesale and retail customers. Answer questions about our products and services.
- Help customers navigate the nursery in order to find plant material they wish to purchase.
DESIRED ABILITIES (or ability to learn):
- Hard-working, flexible, positive attitude with attention to detail and quality.
- Basic or advanced knowledge of landscape plants: woody shade and ornamental trees, evergreen trees, shrubs, ornamental grasses, perennial flowers. Example: what is a maple, a privet, a sage, etc.
- Point of Sales (POS) computer skills – create invoices, print, save, send via e-mail.
- Basic use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel.
- Customer Service – we pride ourselves in being an extremely knowledgeable, friendly, helpful staff. We’re looking for a charismatic, person that enjoys working with all types of people.
- The ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. The ability to be moving, reaching, grabbing, picking up 1-5 gallon plants for the majority of the day at work.
- Team oriented mindset, with the ability to work well with others to achieve great things all while having fun in a beautiful nursery!
Don’t be shy to apply if you do not have all of the above attributes or related job experience. We are willing and expecting to train an individual for this position. A willingness to learn, take direction, and work in a fast-paced environment is key to the success of this position.
This is a seasonal position (March – October), but has the potential to turn into a permanent position if the employee proves to be a particularly good fit for year-round work and an integral part of our Silver Sage team. Starting hourly pay rate is dependent on experience. Possibility of wage increase, salary opportunity, or benefits is dependent upon performance and longevity of employment.
Job Type: Seasonal/Full-time/Hourly Pay