Yard Labor Staff
Date Posted: 24 April 2017
Location: Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc., Littleton, CO
Silver Sage Garden Centers, Inc. offers a quality gardening experience through our commitment to our community members and local landscapers. Our staff prides itself on providing a warm environment, consistent quality, sharing knowledge, and leading with integrity as we strive to be Colorado's Front Range leading tree, shrub, and flower nursery.
We are seeking to fill one or more Yard Labor Staff positions for our 10+ acre plant nursery.
- Ability and willingness to walk and stand for long periods of time as well as kneel, stoop, crouch, reach and grab in the performance of job-related duties.
- Ability and willingness to physically maneuver and manipulate various hand tools (shovels, rakes, pruning, general landscaping tools) used in the performance of job-related duties
- Ability and willingness to perform the physical demands of this position which include physically manipulating and moving shrubbery and other landscaping material of 20 lbs. or more on a regular, several times daily basis and up to 50lbs on an occasional, few times a week basis.
- Ability to perform work duties under varying weather conditions (ex. snow in winter, heat in summer).
- A desire to learn and/or previous knowledge of Colorado landscape plants.
- Ability and willingness to learn from and take direction from senior nursery staff.
- Installing irrigation systems such as digging trenches, burying irrigation line, assembling drip nozzles etc.
- Moving container trees, shrubs, perennials, and grasses either physically or with the use of small vehicles and push carts.
- Watering plants with a hose and/or irrigation equipment.
- Repairing and maintaining nursery infrastructure such as weed fabric, shade cloth, gravel, etc.
- Driving a skid steer: if you already know how to or would like to learn, you can drive the tractor all day!
WHY THIS POSITION IS AWESOME:
- You get to work outside most of the time and be part of an amazing team.
- This position has potential for growth such as joining our sales team, becoming a plant delivery driver (take plants to job sites!), growing plants and plant care, etc.
- We’re awesome and a fun team to work with!
We are now hiring for seasonal help, but there is always room for amazing people to become more permanent fixtures! This position requires weekend work. Hourly rate or salary dependent on experience, work ethic and awesome-ness.
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Silver Sage Garden Centers (303) 730-7243